The only problem you will have with this recipe is you won’t be able to stop eating them!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached pastry flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried figs chopped up
- 1 cup of rhubarb chopped
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, salt) then mix in figs and rhubarb.
2) Mix together cream, milk and vanilla extract together.
3) Slowly pour the liquid into the crumbly mix. You will get a very chunky dough. 🙂
4) Divide the dough up into two portions and make a round pizza shape. Don’t flatten it too much, keep it at least an inch tall and cut it into eight pieces. I think it gives the best result.
5) Now pop them into the oven that was preheated to 400F and you get to enjoy the fruit of your labor in 18-20 mins! 😀
They are absolutely delicious! Eat them plain or with jam/butter and a glass of milk or tea. Ahhh… I love this recipe! <3<3