I’ve been making popsicles left and right. It’s fun, tasty and healthy so why not right? Why make popsicles instead of liters of ice cream you ask? Well…
1) portion control – my weakest link…O.o
2) Every popsicle can be different from another!
3) They freeze faster hence I get to eat them earlier! 🙂
SO this secret ingredient to all my popsicles is…..>>>>>COTTAGE CHEESE<<<<<
I love adding cottage cheese to these frozen treats. They add texture and creaminess and it doesn’t affect the taste you are trying to achieve. Fruit popsicles taste awesome and they are always so refreshing!
Here are the basic ingredients I use
– Chobani or 365 (whole food brand) greek yogurt
– Cottage cheese
– Fruits of your choice
– Agave (optional)
Sometimes I get lazy, I just use flavoured greek yogurt with cottage cheese and it taste just as good! If you are curious about what are some of the combinations, here are my favorites (going from left to right in my pictures)
- pineapple yogurt + rambutan
- vanilla yogurt + fig
- raspberry yogurt + logan
- pineapple yogurt + roasted peach <- MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!
Give them a try! You won’t be disappointed. *Scout’s honour* 😀
Do you like nutty sweet citrusy treats? Do you like quick recipes? if you say yes then this is definitely something you want to read on!
Here are the things you need (most of these are optional in my opinion with only half that are necessary). I had limited ingredients that yield to 8 cookies so use the below measurement according to the number of cookies you want to bake.
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnut (must)
- 1/6 cup or 3 tbsps sugar (must)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (must)
- 1/8 whole wheat flour or any flour you have (must)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp milk/heavy cream
- a bit of kosher salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix together hazelnut, flour and orange zest together.
2) In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter, honey, salt and cream/milk together. Dissolve the sugar and bring the mix to boil.
3) Pour this hot sauce into the hazelnut mix.
4) Drop table spoonful of the mixture onto baking sheet and flatten them out a bit, space them out at least two inches apart because they will spread out!
5) Pop them in the oven and set the timer for 7 mins, they burn fast so check them often!
They are super delicious and easy to make. They go perfect with coffee/tea or eat them plain like I do! 🙂 You can also crush them and put them on top of ice creams! 😀